Conversion of Foreign Driving Licence

Foreigners are required to convert their foreign driving license to a Singapore driving license after 12 months in Singapore. Your foreign driving license can be converted once you passed your BTT (Basic Theory Test). You can apply for a driving license or convert your foreign driving license at these following schools.

Bukit Batok Driving Centre

815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5, Singapore 659085

T: 1800 666 8888

ComfortDelGro Driving Centre

205 Ubi Ave 4, Singapore 408805

T: 6841 8900, 6848 0617  

Singapore Safety Driving Centre

2 Woodlands Industrial Park E4, Singapore 757387

T: 6482 6060

You are required to bring following documents when applying for conversion of licence:

  • Original and a photocopy of your passport and NRIC/Entry Permit/Employment Pass/Dependant Pass/Social Visit Pass/Work Permit

  • Original and a photocopy of your valid Qualified Foreign Driving Licence

  • Processing fee of $50 (Cashcard and NETS payment Only)

  • One matt finish passport-size colour photograph with white background, eyes looking straight and both ears and eyebrow visible in the photograph. There should be no headgear worn unless normally worn for religious purpose, and glasses worn should not be tinted.

  • For Malaysian licence holders, an extract from JPJ Malaysia showing information of your driving record and licence information

  • For Singaporeans studying overseas for one year or more, please produce proof of stay in the country, e.g. educational transcripts or Letter of Acceptance by the educational institution and the relevant student visa in the passport.

  • For Singaporeans employed overseas for one year or more, please produce Income Tax Returns or supporting documents from employers and the relevant employment visa in the passport.