In order to convert your foreign licence to a Singapore driving licence, you are required to pass the Basic Theory Test (BTT). Overseas theory test results are not admissible for consideration.
You may book for a BTT in person at any of the 3 driving schools. On passing the BTT you may then proceed to apply for conversion at the Traffic Police Driving Test Center counters in person, with the relevant documents. The 3 Traffic Police Driving Test Centers are co-located with the 3 driving schools.
Their addresses are:
- Ang Mo Kio Driving Test Centre, level 3, co-located with the Singapore Safety Driving Centre (http://www.ssdcl.com.sg) at 3 Ang Mio Kio St 62 Industrial Park 3 Singapore 569139.
- Bukit Batok Driving Test Centre, level 2, co-located with the Bukit Batok Driving Centre (http://www.bbdc.sg) at 815 Bukit Batok West Ave 5 Singapore 659085.
- Kampong Ubi Test Centre, level 2, co-located with ComfortDelgro Driving Centre (http://www.cdc.com.sg/users/homepage/index.asp) at 205, Ubi Ave 4 Singapore 408805.
Please bring along the following documents where applicable, when applying for conversion of licence:
- Original and a photocopy of your passport and NRIC/Entry Permit/Employment Pass/Dependant Pass/Social Visit Pass/Work Permit
- Original and a photocopy of your valid Qualified Foreign Driving Licence
- Processing fee of $50 (Cashcard and NETS payment Only)
- One matt finish passport-size colour photograph with white background, eyes looking straight and both ears and eyebrow visible in the photograph. There should be no headgear worn unless normally worn for religious purpose, and glasses worn should not be tinted.
- For Malaysian licence holders, an extract from JPJ Malaysia showing information of your driving record and licence information
- For Singaporeans studying overseas for one year or more, please produce proof of stay in the country, e.g. educational transcripts or Letter of Acceptance by the educational institution and the relevant student visa in the passport.
- For Singaporeans employed overseas for one year or more, please produce Income Tax Returns or supporting documents from employers and the relevant employment visa in the passport.
For more information, please visit: http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/Driving_in_Singapore/Information/drivinglicence/conversion.htm
Driving licence not in English language
For a foreign driving licence that is not in English language, you are required to have an International Driving Permit in addition to the foreign driving licence. If an International Driving Permit is not available, an official translation of your driving licence in English is required. You may obtain translation from the relevant Embassy, High Commission, the Singapore Subordinate Court or the Singapore High Court. Translation is not required for licence issued by Brunei , Indonesia and Malaysia .