If you want to get away from it all and enjoy some unspoiled beaches and beautiful, lush forests, Sayulita is ideal. This is also an excellent destination for surfers and you can rent boards locally to enjoy the waves.
Distance to Sayulita
- From Puerto Vallarta International Airport: 24 miles, about 50 minutes
- From Grand Velas: 20 miles, about 46 minutes
- From Puerto Vallarta / Velas Hotel: 25 miles, about 56 minutes
For a taste of the real Mexico, drive south for around 35 miles on Highway 200 to El Tuito. The name means beautiful small valley and it truly is. The village itself is also pretty, with a lovely central square and some excellent restaurants.
Distance to El Tuito
- From Puerto Vallarta International Airport: 34 miles, about 1 hour and 18 minutes
- From Grand Velas: 41 miles, about 1 hour 34 minutes
- From Puerto Vallarta / Velas Hotel: 35 miles, about 1 hour and 20 minutes